Desolenator is an award winning renewable energy tech venture, located at the Imperial College Incubator. We are developing a modular household device that uses just solar energy to turn all forms of contaminated water, into pure drinking water. The venture has graduated from EU Climate-KIC accelerator and Singularity University’s (Google / NASA) accelerator program and successfully completed an Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign. We are a small, highly driven international team with a shared passion for solving the global water crisis which currently affects over 1 billion people. We have developed working prototypes and are currently raising finance so we can complete the manufacturing process and enter the market.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial self-starter to join our team, and to help us build one of the UK’s most promising solutions to the global water crisis. We are looking for an individual who wants to make an impact, who’s driven to expand their skillset and who enjoys travelling internationally for business.
Grant Writing / Awards / Prizes/ Angel Investment (30%)
- Identify and qualify grant funding opportunities
- Form strategic partnerships and develop winning grant applications
- Apply, pitch and win capital
Business Development / Sales / Distribution (30%)
- Lead generation, pipeline development, negotiation and deal closure across private (corporates, distribution), not-forprofit (NGO & social businesses) and multilateral agencies (World Bank, USAID, UN)
- Report, present and inform the team on venture strategy
Project Management (40%)
- Take full ownership of existing projects and ensure successful implementation (£30k >)
- Negotiate with partners, suppliers & customers
- Manage resources and operations
- Report to team members and stakeholders
This is a general guide for applicants. We are willing to consider a talented individual with alternative experience who can quickly learn the ropes and will hit the ground running.
- 2+ years work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Proven track record of closing deals & managing projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Leadership, creative problem solving, time management and teamwork capabilities
MBA or MSc in International Development, Economics, Business, Finance and Politics | Background in Management Consulting, M&A or Development Finance | Entrepreneurial experience | Expertise in solar energy, water desalination and scaling social enterprise ventures | Business contacts, language & work experience from Asia and Africa (Particularly Kenya and India) | Previous experience raising finance (angel investment)
LOCATION / TRAVEL / COMPENSATION
The role is London based with the possibility of remote work. International travel will be expected.
Salary is competitive for the social enterprise sector. Commission and bonus negotiable.
Interested candidates please send resume and cover letter to Gal@desolenator.com