Rushlight Awards 2017-18
The Rushlight Awards, in their 11th year, are open to entries.
Background to the Rushlight Awards 2017-18
They are the only set of awards designed specifically to support and promote all the latest clean technologies, innovations, initiatives and deployment projects for businesses and other organisations throughout UK, Ireland and internationally.
The Rushlight Awards are open to all types of organisation at any stage of corporate development, including individual inventors, early stage companies, charities, universities, SMEs, quoted companies and multi-nationals.
There are all the categories from prior years (see Categories), including the following:
- each of the renewable energy types
- improvements to older energy forms
- environmental clean-up solutions
- resource efficiency in all its guises
- transport of all types
- sustainable manufacturing, sustainable products, sustainable agriculture, biodiversity, environmental metrology
- sustainable initiatives, programmes and deployment
At the Rushlight Show, all entrants can have a poster in the Exhibition and a presentation pitch in the Rushlight Cleantech Showcase and/ or the Sustainable Solutions Market Panel to investors, financiers and major corporate customers.
Entries close 30 November 2017
This year, we are continuing with the close integration of the Awards with the Rushlight Show. There are so many reasons to enter, including:
- There are on offer to entrants who qualify a range of benefits which are set out below, with many of the benefits available to all entrants.
- There are also additional valuable prizes for which all entrants who qualify can be considered.
- All entries will be made into posters and exhibited at the Rushlight Show, unless you choose not to.
- The prestigious and internationally recognised Rushlight Awards carry substantial kudos, specifically due to the totally independent, high quality judging and breadth of support from the key leading participants in the sector.
- Winners and commended entries can display their respective logos on all their marketing material and communications free-of-charge after the event.
- Priority will be given to entrants for the presentation slots at the Rushlight Show to investors/ financiers and key corporate customers.
- All entrants can have a stand in the Exhibition at the Rushlight Show at a substantial discount.
- All entrants can attend the Awards Party at discounted prices, including group packages.
- Celebrate an innovation breakthrough or an initiative by entering the awards and bringing the team to the Party.
- Put your product, service, technology or project in front of potential customers, investors, partners, intermediaries and service providers.
Please go to How To Enter page and follow the instructions, download the entry form and good luck!
The entry fee remains at the same rate as it has done from the start, namely £125 plus VAT, with a discount for registered charities and members of certain supporting trade associations.
Benefits and Prizes
As a benefit for all Rushlight Awards entrants who are commercial businesses, Granted would like to offer you:
1) An assessment of your Exec Summary in relation to securing Grant Funding
2) A skype call to discuss relevant Grant Funding and General Funding opportunities for your business, with summaries of grants provided on email. This Grant Scope work can help lay the foundation to secure successfully Grant Funding worth between £25k and £2.5m.
Granted Consultancy have successfully raised over £25m in funding for ambitious businesses since 2010 through Grants, R&D Tax Credits and Other Investment.
As a benefit for all Rushlight Awards entrants, Stephens Scown are offering to provide up to 30 minutes time on the telephone for an initial IP assessment, to include a mini IP MOT and assessment of eligibility for IP audit funding.
Green Tech Challenge Programme – deadline 10 September
All qualifying entrants are being offered a fast track assessment to join the Green Tech Challenge Programme provided they apply for the Rushlight Awards before 10 September. Furthermore, awards entrants will be given preferential treatment where their score is similar to another applicant who has not entered the Rushlight Awards. To qualify, the start-ups have to be based in the UK and be either in the market or about to enter (3 month horizon). Start-ups with (pre-)seed funding and revenue are preferred. A typical applicant for the Challenge is seeking around EUR 1.000.000 in financing. The Programme will do rolling acceptance, so the earlier a start-up applies, the better. The aim is to have the participants ready by 10 September, since the London Programme is likely to run from 6-9 November. For further information about the Challenge go to http://greentechchallenge.eu/ and to see the application process go to https://goo.gl/forms/XUIRGrGCus6aZgER2.
Leading Edge Only (LEO) are offering:
Overall and Group Category Winners: LEO Showcase 1 year Membership (Valued at £175) Starting from the Awards night.
Direct Entry Category Winners: LEO Showcase 6 Month Membership (Valued at £100) Starting from the Awards night.
All Entrants: LEO Showcase 6 Month Membership (Valued at £100) Starting from date of entry until the Awards night.
Once again, Barking Dog Communications are providing free PR consultation, to the overall and group category winners, which will provide some guidance on how to maximise your achievements in the press and social media channels, as an extra benefit for your success.
Tmara are offering a prize of a Product-Market Fit Assessment, Minimum Viable Value Specification and Strategic Alignment Mentoring to one winning company of their choosing. (Estimated value: £30K)
- should provide a solution to consumers that will make the biggest impact in their energy management with the greatest possibility of adoption.
- UK-based company or company wanting to enter the UK market
- B2C offering
- All entrants meeting these criteria will be considered
The Tmara prize judging process
A shortlist of qualifying companies will be subject to further assessment which will include the review of marketing material the companies are using (or intending to use), the website address and possibly a conversation with the founders
Impact Hub Westminster are giving a prize of 3 months free Hub 100 Membership (worth £795), giving a total of 300 hours of use of their space and support services. This fantastic prize includes:
- access to their central London collaborative workspace for 100 hours a month
- membership to a community of like-minded community of entrepreneurs
- virtual access to a global network of impact makers
- discounted/free access to events and programmes
- discounted business support services
- 25% – 50% discount on event space hire
- global Impact Hub Passport – work in spaces across the world
- free tea and coffee; a mailbox for £30 p/m
- a landline phone connection for £20 p/m.
About Granted Consultancy Ltd www.grantedltd.co.uk
We are Granted Consultancy, UK and EU grant funding specialists. We work with ambitious businesses and entrepreneurs seeking funding for their company or ideas. We have expertise in securing funding for Innovation (R&D), Business Growth, Training and Infrastructure Projects. Our sectorial experience spans Tech, Digital, Creative, Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering, Education, Construction, Knowledge Transfer and Energy. Since 2010 we have secured grant funding from £10k to £2m+ for R&D projects, business growth investments and major public sector projects. We have offices in Fleet St, London and Southernhay, Exeter. If you’ve got an exciting, ambitious project, we’d love to see you achieve it – even better, we’d like to help you.
About Stephens Scown LLP www.stephens-scown.co.uk
West country-based Stephens Scown LLP is an award-winning legal firm with offices in Exeter, Truro and St Austell. It has over 270 staff, including more than 50 partners, and is one of the largest law firms in Devon and Cornwall, offering a broad range of expert business and personal legal services, as well as expertise in a number of key market sectors. Founded in 1938, Stephens Scown is consistently ranked highly in the UK’s top two independent legal guides, Chambers and Legal 500 and was named one of the Sunday Times 100 Best Mid-Sized Companies to Work For 2015. Stephens Scown also won Property Law Firm of the Year at the South West Property Awards 2014 and was named as having the Private Client and Family Law Team of the Year by the British Legal Awards 2013. Clients range from individuals to SMEs, FTSE and international companies. For more information www.stephens-scown.co.uk
About Green Tech Challenge Programme http://greentechchallenge.eu
Green Tech Challenge’s mission is to make green business good business. We do this by connecting green tech startups with capital and professional consulting through a 4-day growth programme. A year after the first programme:
- 73% have raised capital
- On average they have raised EUR 500k
- The team sizes have grown 67% on average
- The monthly revenue has tripled on average
Startups participating in the Green Tech Challenge get free sessions with leading accountants, lawyers, management consultants, tech implementation experts and tech infrastructure specialists, such as Microsoft, Accenture, PwC, KPMG, E.On, QVARTZ Consulting and many others. At the end of Green Tech Challenge, the participants meet 10-20 investors who have been screened to match the participating startups. After the programme, we offer to connect alumni to our investor network outside the UK.
About Leading Edge Only (LEO) www.leadingedgeonly.com
The LEO Global Innovation Marketplace delivers a dynamic independent platform for entrepreneurs, start-ups, SMEs and Universities to showcase, and generate far greater market awareness, of their latest technologies, products and services and for major corporations to use the LEO platform as a resource to find new leading edge solutions. The LEO platform provides also allows major organisations to gain more exposure and engagement with these and other relevant innovation providers by having their own Innovation Communities / Ecosystems on the LEO Innovation Marketplace. Launched in 2014, LEO generated over 60,000 Innovation Profile Views (the number of times innovations are accessed, opened and viewed); this rose to 700,000 in 2016 and we predict to hit 1,000,000+ innovation views in 2017. LEO is accessed by the FTSE 100, the Fortune 1000 and organisations from over 100 countries.
About Barking Dog Communications www.barkingdogcommunications.co.uk
For more than a decade, Barking Dog has been one of leading full-service PR & Marketing agencies in the sustainability sector. Our clients span the breadth of the new green economy; including environmentally friendly products, waste management, specialist recyclers, renewables, waste-to-energy and environmental planning & protection. We’re committed to investing the time to understand your challenges and objectives before using our experience and creativity to help you achieve your goals. This could mean providing you with a greater presence online, getting more exposure in the media, connecting with new and existing customers or developing innovative collateral to help you sell more effectively. As such, we’re experienced designers, web developers, film makers, communications and PR consultants, copywriters, SEO experts and brand developers as well as helping clients think strategically and tactically.
About TMARA Group www.tmaragroup.com
TMARA takes innovations to market, by perfecting product-market fit. Product-market fit is the only reliable leading indicator of success. Through a proprietary scientific methodology TMARA defines the unique market pull specification for every product/service, where it becomes a must-have.
About Impact Hub Westminster https://westminster.impacthub.net/
Launched in 2011, Impact Hub Westminster is one of the largest of a global network of locally owned collaborative working spaces. Our primary aim is to support organisations with positive social and environmental impact at the heart of their missions. We provide flexible access to workspace and curate a supportive, collaborative environment for these impact makers. We believe early stage organisations struggle to survive in isolation. Our environment and services are designed to incubate the growth and impact of our members through collaboration and support. To further support our community, we host a continuous flow of relevant events and programmes providing a stream of learning and networking opportunities for our members.