Energy Systems Catapult is launching an innovator challenge call in collaboration with Places for People, Geovation and Pineapple Partners, inviting SMEs developing products and services targeted at Zero Carbon Housing Solutions, Smart Buildings and Estates, to receive tailored business incubation and acceleration support.
The 4th intake of the Innovator Support Platform (ISP) offers SMEs access to advanced energy system expertise from across the Catapult alongside a wider network of around 40 firms offering a range of specialist business support.
The ISP aims is to help innovators unlock new routes-to-market, secure investment and breakdown barriers to growth – with at least two innovator challenges running each year.
The Zero Carbon Housing Solutions, Smart Buildings and Estates challenge could include innovators working on:
- Integrating innovative low carbon generation or infrastructure technologies into the building or estate fabric
- Zero carbon domestic heating solutions
- Leveraging data from end users, infrastructure and networks to create new services and business models that accelerate the transition to net zero
- Enabling active, interoperable control systems that delivers more efficient and flexible operation of the whole building & estate energy system
- Delivering better living environments.
A shortlist of SMEs will be generated and must be available to attend a workshop at the Catapult innovation hub in Birmingham on the 5th and 6th of May 2020. Closing date for applications is noon on the 30th March 2020.