The Rushlight Awards, in their 13th year, are now OPEN to entries.
The presentations and results announcements take place at the Awards Party after the Rushlight Show in January 2020 in London.
They are the only set of awards designed specifically to support and promote all the latest clean technologies, innovations, initiatives and deployment projects for businesses and other organisations throughout UK, Ireland and internationally.
The Rushlight Awards are open to all types of organisation at any stage of corporate development, including individual inventors, early stage companies, charities, universities, SMEs, quoted companies and multi-nationals.
There are all the categories from prior years (see Categories), including the following:
- each of the renewable energy types
- improvements to older energy forms
- environmental clean-up solutions
- resource efficiency in all its guises
- transport of all types
- sustainable manufacturing, sustainable products, sustainable agriculture, biodiversity, environmental metrology
- sustainable initiatives, programmes and deployment
At the Rushlight Show, all entrants can have a poster in the Exhibition and a presentation pitch in the Rushlight Cleantech Showcase and/ or the Sustainable Solutions Market Panel to investors, financiers and major corporate customers.
Entries close 30 November 2019
This year, we are continuing with the close integration of the Awards with the Rushlight Show. There are so many reasons to enter, including:
- There are on offer to entrants who qualify a range of benefits, with many of the benefits available to all entrants.
- All entries will be made into posters and exhibited at the Rushlight Show, unless you choose not to.
- The prestigious and internationally recognised Rushlight Awards carry substantial kudos, specifically due to the totally independent, high quality judging and breadth of support from the key leading participants in the sector.
- Winners and commended entries can display their respective logos on all their marketing material and communications free-of-charge after the event.
- Priority will be given to entrants for the presentation slots at the Rushlight Show to investors/ financiers and key corporate customers.
- All entrants can have a stand in the Exhibition at the Rushlight Show at a substantial discount.
- All entrants can attend the Awards Party at discounted prices, including group packages.
- Celebrate an innovation breakthrough or an initiative by entering the awards and bringing the team to the Party.
- Put your product, service, technology or project in front of potential customers, investors, partners, intermediaries and service providers.
Please go to How To Enter page and follow the instructions, download the entry form and good luck!
The entry fee remains at the same rate as it has done from the start, namely £125 plus VAT, with a discount for registered charities and members of certain supporting trade associations.
We are currently pulling together the extra benefits and prizes for the 2019-20 Rushlight Awards.
In 2018-19, the Benefits and Prizes were:
As a benefit for all Rushlight Awards entrants who are commercial businesses, Granted would like to offer you:
1) An assessment of your Exec Summary in relation to securing Grant Funding
2) A skype call to discuss relevant Grant Funding and General Funding opportunities for your business, with summaries of grants provided on email. This Grant Scope work can help lay the foundation to secure successfully Grant Funding worth between £25k and £2.5m.
Granted Consultancy have successfully raised over £25m in funding for ambitious businesses since 2010 through Grants, R&D Tax Credits and Other Investment.
Once again, Barking Dog Communications are providing free PR consultation, to the overall and group category winners, which will provide some guidance on how to maximise your achievements in the press and social media channels, as an extra benefit for your success.
Gemserv are offering to all entrants with a digitally-enabled technology a review of the security of their innovation. The Gemserv Device Assurance process is a confidential desktop review process designed to analyse the security characterises of an IoT device or service. It looks at a number of key aspects required to ensure that the solution is secure and meets the requirements of the DCMS Secure by Design code of practice, and where personal data is processed, GDPR. It analyses both the technical implementation and business processes required to ensure a service is secure and has the necessary processes in place to maintain security moving forward. It can highlight any gaps and provide mitigations allowing a business to create a roadmap towards a secure solution and provides documented evidence that can be presented to potential investors. The Device assurance process is supported by our Connected Device consultants, who have significant experience in developing, deploying and maintaining secure IOT devices and services.
All applicants to the Rushlight Awards will have access to the Simply Do Ideas platform. There, users will be able to explore and innovate against relevant, industry challenges from large public and private organisations, sense opportunities for product or service development and raise their profile in a curated community of innovation.
About Granted Consultancy Ltd www.grantedltd.co.uk
We are Granted Consultancy, UK and EU grant funding specialists. We work with ambitious businesses and entrepreneurs seeking funding for their company or ideas. We have expertise in securing funding for Innovation (R&D), Business Growth, Training and Infrastructure Projects. Our sectorial experience spans Tech, Digital, Creative, Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering, Education, Construction, Knowledge Transfer and Energy. Since 2010 we have secured grant funding from £10k to £2m+ for R&D projects, business growth investments and major public sector projects. We have offices in Fleet St, London and Southernhay, Exeter. If you’ve got an exciting, ambitious project, we’d love to see you achieve it – even better, we’d like to help you.
About Barking Dog Communications www.barkingdogcommunications.co.uk
For more than a decade, Barking Dog has been one of leading full-service PR & Marketing agencies in the sustainability sector. Our clients span the breadth of the new green economy; including environmentally friendly products, waste management, specialist recyclers, renewables, waste-to-energy and environmental planning & protection. We’re committed to investing the time to understand your challenges and objectives before using our experience and creativity to help you achieve your goals. This could mean providing you with a greater presence online, getting more exposure in the media, connecting with new and existing customers or developing innovative collateral to help you sell more effectively. As such, we’re experienced designers, web developers, film makers, communications and PR consultants, copywriters, SEO experts and brand developers as well as helping clients think strategically and tactically.
About Gemserv https://www.gemserv.com
The team at Gemserv works with start-up companies to ensure that their digital/connected products and services are secure and aren’t susceptible to cyber-attack. We do this by providing advisory support and a best-in-class device assessment process that identifies potential vulnerabilities. The benefit to the start-up, is that by identifying vulnerabilities early on, mitigations can be deployed to prevent reputational and financial damage that can result from the deployment of insecure devices & services. We presently provide this service for the BEIS Energy Entrepreneurs Fund and Energy Systems Catapult Innovation Pilot.
About Simply Do Ideas www.simplydoideas.co.uk
Simply Do Ideas is a “Community of Innovation”. It is a cloud-based, online platform empowering organisations to capture, develop and action early-stage ideas. It has been featured as a sector leading practice by Huffington Post, Forbes and at academic conferences including ISBE, IEEC and Digital Festival. Independently assessed against the QAA Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Guidance in Higher Education, it works with organisations across the UK including high-profile clients from banking, charities, education and government. It was the winner of Digital Startup of the Year (Wales Online Awards) and part of the Digital Dozen (Welsh Government/Innovation Point).